working out

Gravatar
hi i am on my second week of this diet and so far have lost 9bls they said you dont have to work out on this diet. but can you work out and will it help to loose more wight ? any one know who has been doing the diet ?
Gravatar
Hi Georgina and welcome. I try to get out on my bike with the dogs a few times a week and I think the general advice for workouts is to discuss with your consultant - to perhaps tweak the programme a little. Well done on the loss so far keep up the good work.

Pippa
Gravatar
Hi Georgina,

It is great to hear that you are thinking about incorporating some exercise into your plan.

Obviously, any exercise you are able to do will benefit you but the type of exercise you choose to do can make a difference to your weight loss/inch loss results.

The best thing to do would be to have a chat with your consultant about what your plans are and we can give you the best advice. As Pippa has correctly pointed out, if you are planning to do a lot of physical exercise, we may need to tweek your programme slightly to account for this.

I hope this helps.

Amanda
Gravatar
Hi Amanda - I am afraid that post was a year ago - but some general information on exercise might be good?

Pippa
Gravatar
I exercise loads and find the inches come off quicker. I've lost 13 inches off my waist xx
Gravatar
Well observed Pippa. Sorry about that ladies.

With regards to general exercise, many people find continue to incorporate this into their programme. Lisa is a fine example of this. However, others just follow the programme with no form of exercise.

There is no right or wrong when it comes to exercise, this comes down to personal preference.

One thing to be aware of when exercising is that, as you are consuming quite a lot of protein on the programme, you may find that you build muscle a lot quicker. This can make things look a bit different on the scales as you will be burning fat but gaining muscle and, as we know, muscle weighs more than fat.

The only other thing I would say is, make sure you are eating enough to compensate for any exercise you do. Having something to eat before and after training is always advisable.

If you would like any more information or to have a more in depth chat, please do call and speak to a consultant or our Nutritionist.

I hope this help

Amanda
Post a new reply to working out in Exercise
Formatting

b i u quote url email