Any diabetics out there?

Gravatar
Current dieting diabetics. Could you let me know your experience on the diet and how this has affected your diabetes and treatment?
Gravatar
I am not a diabetic, but Saga magazine had an article written by a Diabetic consultant, in which he described an ideal diet for diabetics, which sounded just about exactly like the Natural Ketosis diet! It was very positive, recommending high protein and low carbs, I was struck by the similarity. Good luck to you all.
Gravatar
I'm not diabetic but would really love to hear how any diabetics get on doing Natural Ketosis. My mum is diabetic - she was on insulin but they are trying her off it and on tablets, she is struggling a bit to keep her sugars down and I'd like her to try eating less carbs but not sure how low it would be safe for her to go. Lucky do let me know how you manage.
Gravatar
I'm diabetic type 2 and am into my second week all my readings are low so far so good toucccch wood my doctor could reduce my meds
Gravatar
How are you finding the low carbs though - are you worried about going hypo or don't your sugars ever go that low? My Mum's are a bit unstable so I don't like to tell her to go too low on the carbs although Ido encourage her to snack on protein when she is hungry and her sugars are too high for her to have carbs. I hope your GP is able to reduce your meds and who knows you may even get off them altogether. Please keep us posted.
Gravatar
i have been a type 1 diabetic for 20 years and on NKC my control is better than it has been in years, my insulin requirement is lower than it has ever been and as long as i continue to be careful it should stay that way so don't lose hope think of it as a healthy diet for life. good luck
Gravatar
Hello, Ive been diagnosed having double diabetes, insulin and metformin tablets
and my sugars have been all over the show. I have taken this as a last ditch attempt to get it sorted. It has been very tough as quantity of food is reduced and I enjoyed eating Pasta, Rice etc etc. The amazing thing is that so far (week) my sugar levels have come right down and Ive not injected my Humalog (day) insulin!!!! I take my lantus at night and 1 tablet of metformin after dinner
Weight - have lost 2kg
1 inch off the waist
really hope it works out!
Gravatar
I am a type 2 diabetic and was prescribed statins which did not work for me, making my fingers "click" open and shut. I stopped taking the pills and searched the internet for an alternative which I found and which is really sorting out my cholesterol problem. However, I have put on weight which I am now trying to get rid of by doing this diet. I did the Atkins diet and that helped, but it is very restrictive, so I am hoping that this diet is the long-term answer. Just started yesterday!
Gravatar
Best of luck Sheena. If you look in "Sucess Stories". Pamela C's one is about her awesome results with diabetes. If you can find more of her posts it should further inspire you. Pamela was around when I started last May and her progress was inspirational she had a bigger mountain to climb than me and she did it! I was headed in the diabetes direction I am just so relieved that I found this plan in time to stop the slide downhill. I have had small Sucess with the "a" diet but this works better for ne as I am never hungry and sweet craving about 90% gone.

Do let us know how you are getting on.

Pippa

Post a new reply to Any diabetics out there? in Insulin and Diabetes
Formatting

b i u quote url email