The results are in - Honey is as bad as Sugar!

New research shows that honey is as bad as sugar! The research carried out in America and sponsored by the National Honey Board of America, clearly shows that the effect of honey on our blood sugar levels as well as an increase in inflammation levels - the same as highly processed sweeteners such as high fructose corn syrup and regular table sugar.


Honey is frequently hailed as a superfood, not to mention other health uses such as an antiviral and as an anti-fungal. Whilst these latter claims are well substantiated and have strong scientific claims behind them, the use of honey as a “healthy” sugar substitute or as a superfood are less-than glorious.

The micronutrient content of honey consists mainly of vitamin B6, thiamine, riboflavin and niacin. However, from a nutrition perspective, that’s all - 5% of the total honey content. The other 95% is made up of a variety of simple carbohydrates (sugars), the main one being fructose.

Therefore the idea of substituting sugar for honey, may not be the healthiest thing that you can do as in actual fact you have not removed ANY sugar from your diet.




There are no comments

Post a comment